Danno Industries was founded April 24, 2004 as a big-business type industry by a rich yet unknown entrepreneur as an experimental project. Today it has not grown at all, but its headquarters still remain in historic Rockefeller Center. The purpose of this blog is to help the company get itself "out there". Feel free to explore the site but remember: most of the info on this site will make little sense to anyone except associates closely related to industry.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I found Shangri-La

Today is a very philosophical day at the Industry. The ticker went up a bit as I decided to pump a little capital in the business ventures. I enjoyed a wonderful turkey sandwich for dinner, complete with the Grey Poopon (It's Poupon*, but I like Poopon better!), some tasty Herr's potato chips and potato salad. I enjoyed both an oatmeal-raisin and a chocolate chip cookie for desert. For the record, the two go together just fine..

But getting back to the philosophical thing...after my wonderful sandwich I decided to look at a calendar of mine. It is not important why I looked at the calendar, but as I was looking at it, I thought of something.

Every person in this world, every human, feels time differently.

I used to view time as a particularly goal-oriented phenomenon. For example, Wednesday was always the the day before Thursday, which was the day where 'tommorow' would be Friday, which marked the last day before the weekend. I know that may sound confusing, but not to me, whom always looked forward to the weekend as a break from school. The weekend was always the 'goal' . Any day other than the weekend was simply a step to be accomplished to get to the weekend.

Then, I matured. I used my brain. It wasn't a gradual thing. One day, I realized that time wasn't just a series of markers to get to a goal...it was a precise measure of specific moments. Each moment deserved to be cherished and treated individually. Rather than think of time in cumulative terms, I began to think of time as a series of infinite opportunities. Each second, each day I did something different. New experiences at every turn.

And the most amazing thing happened. Time slowed down. I began to live longer. By experiencing different types of things, my brain was not able to process my life as fast as it once could.

Sadly, now I find myself losing that ability. I am stuck doing the same thing again. I am stuck looking at the calendar.

I can't relate how important my discovery is. It takes stockbrokers and businessmen 65 years (66 w/ benefits in some areas) before they realize that if they spent their years seeing more things besides the inside of a Starbucks and the side of a Wall St cubicle, they could have lived a life twice as long...

My motto is to try new things, and be your own entrepreneur. That will do more for you than Shangri-La ever could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home