Danno Industries was founded April 24, 2004 as a big-business type industry by a rich yet unknown entrepreneur as an experimental project. Today it has not grown at all, but its headquarters still remain in historic Rockefeller Center. The purpose of this blog is to help the company get itself "out there". Feel free to explore the site but remember: most of the info on this site will make little sense to anyone except associates closely related to industry.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Downfall ABC game show makes me hurt!

Hey, you didn't believe me? Well, believe it! Two posts in a row..

I was unlucky tonight to have the misfortune of investing 11 minutes in something new called Downfall ABC game show. Well, that's how I refer to it , because if someone told me they were watching "Downfall" last night, I wouldn't know what the hell they were talking about.

The game consists of a player answering multiple choice questions a la 'Who Wants to be A Millionaire' while watching a conveyor belt. The conveyor belt has all kinds of useless crap on it, like an above-ground basketball hoop (with 10 basketballs included), and a knock-off electric guitar (amp included). There was also a year's supply worth of spring water (water jug thingy included). At the end of the conveyor belt there is a glass case with fake money in it...that's supposed to represent the money the contestant is supposed to win. As time passes, each item falls off a fake building and is destroyed on the ground below. The object of the show is for the the contestant to answer as many questions correctly in as least time (we've seen that one before folks) before everything falls..

It's not the cliche trivia game deal that I don't like. 1 vs 100 was enjoyable on Xbox (the Industry has had to button-mash off some steam lately). I love Jeopardy and was even able to tolerate Regis' game show extravaganzas.

What I can't stand is the absurdity of what makes Downfall 'unique'. Items that are in their own circumstances the most perfect innovations, the go-to-guys of everyday life, are put in a game show. And we're supposed to love them like we love a million dollars. Spring water for a year! Cmon now! I have spring water for a year already! So does everyone else! (And if they don't, I don't see them crying over it.) What I don't have is a million dollars..even with liabilities!

And naturally, no one respects the stuff. The spring water fell off the conveyor belt there is no reaction. The basketball hoop breaks into a million pieces and all the contestant does is scratch his ass. But oh no, when the money is going to fall off, everyone gets pissy....

I used to be rich. Then all my investors flew the coop and I'm stuck reading Ayn Rand and wishing for the good ol' days. And now, the only things I have left, my friendly Xbox and spring water, are being thrown off a conveyor belt off a fake building onto a fake blacktop.



The company responsible for the show I watched. I was forced me to take a laxative to relieve myself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well great...another movie about exercise bikes

12:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home